Saturday 24th October 11am – 1pm
Want to add animations on your layout, then a great way to do that is with Arduinos. They are a low cost option but there is some learning and practice involved to master them. However its easy to start using Arduinos and really alot of fun.
The clinic will include practical RR examples such as: the UK Level crossing sequence with yellow caution light sequence, Traffic light protecting a street intersection, push button operation to manipulate and control events and if time permits using PWM to simulate ordinary incandescent bulbs in the wigwag and traffic light examples.
If you wish to attend this clinic and take part then you’ll need the following:
- You’ll need the following kit from EBay which incudes an Ardunio, a breadboard & some electrical components we will use during the clinic https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Basic-Electronics-Starter-Kit-UNO-R3-MB102-Breadboard-Raspberry-Pi-Arduino-Kit/173516127471?hash=item28665dfcef:g:vTkAAOSwgGle6IgU
- A computer with available USB port for programming the Ardunio
- You will need to download the Arduino software to program your Arduino you can do that from here https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/Software
- YOU MUST WATCH THE FOLLOWING VIDEO FROM NMRAx https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xf-5bDzyNHQ
- Download this PDF from Jim on how to set up ready for the clinic